Sunday, August 3, 2008

Movie Weekend

I was in the theatre watching the opening credits of 'Kuselan'when i got a call from my sibling.

'Whats up?' she said
'I am in the theatre watching Kuselan', said moi
Oh you poor thing! she said

That should have told me what to expect. But hey, i was about to have the 'rajini' experience on day 3 of a movie release!! nothing could dampen my enthusiasm.

waaaaah. 3 hrs of my life spent in total boredom, waiting for the 'fantastic' last twenty minutes of the movie... which turned out to be, well, not all that fantastic and certainly not worth tolerating the oh-so-gross antics of vadivel for the better part of three hours. Maddy ofcourse thought that nayanthara played an important role in the film and the (totally unnecessary) rain number was, he felt, a turning point, nay a 'curving' point in the movie :)

So finally,nothing dampened my enthusiasm for the movie except for the movie itself. sigh.

Cut to Jaane tu - i watched this before watching Kuselan, and it now became a fantastic movie from a nice, simple, sweet movie. The best part of this one was that every character makes an impression. really. And THAT i think is no easy task. The new Khan had nothing going against him. And the pedigree couldnt hurt either. Genelia didnt have much to say...and was therefore surprisingly tolerable. The other Khans were ridiculous and charmingly so. Rathna Pathak Shah is what i think i will be when arjun is older. Naseerudin Shah has obviously had a blast playing his role. All the other cameos make a distinct impression and somehow, have all in their own way, made this story come together. Over all a lovely movie with lots of things that will make you smile and maybe even guffaw. Would prescribe it as an antidote to the K movie anyday!!

Arjun's take - watched jaane tu fully and slept off half way through Kuselan.

I rest my case.

6 comments:

Aarathi Edward said...

Ha ha ha ha!!!
Love to say i told you so! :D

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough I gauge the worthiness of a movie the same as Junjun!!:P If I fall asleep its not worth watching!! ;)

Arch said...

:) po di ;)

shail : if you actually do that in the theatre with the dolby sound system and all, i think that movie should be banned!! ;)

K said...

'surprisingly tolerable'???? I thought she was fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Ooops! Not in the theatre, but at home!! :P But I almost fell asleep once watching a Shaji Kailas movie, 'Thandavam' in spite of all the noise!!

Arch said...

k : i am yet to recover from her performance in santhosh subramaniam. Surprisingly tolerable is a huge promotion. trust me.