Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gosh, its been a while.

Balancing the little bit of consulting that i do with managing a family has taken its toll on my blogging. Mornings have become replicas of those portrayed in taare zameen par...except, its worse. So a short getaway to chennai for the long weekend? Heaven!!

No visit to chennai is complete without going to spencer plaza and buying a ridiculously overpriced toy from landmark. But this visit, i truly enjoyed.

" Junjun, you want the Doctor set or the cooking set?"
COOKING SET

"you sure?"
COOKING SET!!

" sure you dont want the doctor set"?
AMMA!! I WANT THE COOKING SET.

i couldnt help singing : "My future is so bright i gotta wear shades...." :) :)

After this lovely start to the day, we saw some video games in an almost shady corner of the food court. Arjun and S (his cousin) - fingers itching, begged for a chance to play. S played merrily, making spiderman run into walls over and over again. But no one could understand what arjun's convict-on-the-run was doing.

Exasperated that he was wasting his time making his convict stop every few steps, i started cheering him..... "make him run junjun, make him run".

But no. All i got was a dirty look from my son.

i looked at the screen again. Yup. The Convict was definitely supposed to be running away. I explained that to arjun and then i got this response.

AMMA! Cant you see the traffic light? Only when it is green, he can go!!

I know now that my son is going to grow up into a law abiding citizen.

If only because, he doesnt stand a chance as a convict on the run.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Amma! Cooking set and respect for law. What else do you want from your laadla?!!! :-))))))

Ganges said...

Consulting? And junjun? You certainly deserve a break!!! Junjun never ceases to amuse, does he? He's my own little Bertie Wooster now:)

Arch said...

shail: All i need now is for him to turn out gay and i wont even have to worry about daughter-in-law-issues. PERFECT!!

OK..i was definitely kidding :p

ganga : yup! ...and in many ways, i guess i could be jeeves ;)

Roopa said...

arch, shall i book junjun for a son-in-law?? ;)

Arch said...

heh heh...we have a deal!(hopefully s wont mind that he is a tad younger ;)

The Noob Blogger said...

Hi...

Your sister just asked me to take a look at your blog, and I've got just one word for you that I hope describes it adequately: Brillant.

I love the way you write; and since I sometimes need things written for me, was wondering whether you would you be open to freelancing as a copywriter if the opportunity arose? I sincerely hope you will...

:D

Arch said...

Hi Susheel...you made my day :)

I would love to try my hand at copywriting...do let me know. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Susheel. I'm not too amused he agreed with me that you are the better write between the two of us though... :P

The Noob Blogger said...

Look at the previous comment for a perfect example of why this is the case.. :D

Arch, Will let you know when a project comes by. Will get contact details from Tath.

Oh... I forgot the "Happy Birthday" bit yesterday! Hope your day was great.

Arch said...

heh heh..ok susheel. And thanks. I did have a great day

thath : for getting susheel to read my blog, i would like to show my appreciation by NOT singing kabhi-kabhi the next time we meet. :)

Aarathi Edward said...

Alleluia!!!!

Susheel, u are forgiven!