Monday, March 10, 2008

Cricketing Chaos?

Disclaimer : I am not even half way through to being a cricket enthusiast.

Having said that, what i do know is that to function effectively as a team, people need to be able to get along fairly decently. And they need to feel a sense of loyalty. From this point of view, i fear for the IPL Teams.

I suspect the dynamics within each team in the IPL will be far more entertaining than their on field exploits. I wont be surprised if a whole new gendre of tabloids are born to feed off this event. "Robin Uthappa admits its easier to play against Bangalore when he thinks of its awful traffic". Ricky Ponting, on his dismal batting performance says 'For the money you are paying me, this is all you are going to get mate!

I can just see Team Management rushing to all the Team Building Programs flourishing today. Only, post the program, the players might chant 'I am special' over and over or worse, decide to focus on their 'Real' selves.

'Who am I?' 'What do i want from life?' Eternal doubts raised forever!!

My frivolous thought process apart, i have heard that the more developed nations now think India is a rich country post Mukesh Ambani's richest-man-in-the-world news and the IPL Auction. So organizations involved in charity and social developmental projects are now shifting their focus to Africa. They actually think India has it made. Harried Indians in those countries are trying desperately to get these people's attention back to the fact that it is the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer scenario. Who would have thought of such repercussions?

There is something so terribly unsettling about this whole thing.

2 comments:

'Smee! said...

I was thinking of this intra team politics angle too! I think personally I would enjoy that mroe than the cricket!
And India is going to get nowhere unless the farmer is given the respect he deserves.

Arch said...

i was beginning to wonder if i was the only one with these thoughts. Glad you decided to comment.