Friday, December 28, 2007

Joy to the World!

I hope everybody had a lovely Christmas. We sure did!! Bobby and Thath came down and just being together was more than we could ask for.

Junjun ofcourse had to do something for me to blog about.

It was with great pride that i arranged our little crib on a side table we have. Christmas Morn dawned and i showed junjun what i had done. I should have known better than to leave him alone near it. I had barely turned when suddenly, he grabbed the new born baby right out of the manger and said 'amma, look!! kutty papa missing. That aunty and uncle are looking for it!!' I gave him a stern warning not to touch the kutty papa again.

A little while later, i heard maddy calling me quite anxiously. I went and saw what the matter was. There on the little table, all the characters from donkey to wise man were lined up in one straight line, all looking over the edge of the table like they were going to walk the plank. I couldn't help but smile because there, seemingly stranded in the manger, was the kutty papa, untouched.

My little man of honour :) Merry Christmas everybody!!

10 comments:

Wanderlust said...

hehehe.. reminds me of my childhood... i once flung baby Jesus out of the window much to the horror of my parents :D

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll be able to answer him without resorting to lies when he questions stories like Adam and Eve and if mankind was based on incest. Sorry to offend you, but we atheists have nothing better to do..

Arch said...

wanderlust : :) :)

anonymous : i am going to have enough trouble explaining why his dad and i pray to different 'gods' Trust me...questions on mankind being based on incest would be a dream!!! :)
ps : is this zak?

Anonymous said...

dont you worry arch.. you won't need to tell junjun anything. He will figure the holes himself when he sees you and maddy praying to different gods:)
yes this is Zak, though i didnt leave a name earlier cuz i'm a weasel while I'm being abrasive..

Arch said...

zak : There are some of us strong enough not to believe and some of us strong enough to go ahead and do precisely that. I do believe the choice is personal and no one can mess with that!

Anonymous said...

seriously speaking.. I don't think 'strength' has anything to do with it. Lets talk about something else, then..

Arch said...

hmmm..maybe its happiness!!
with this being my blog and everything, i just had to have the last word :) but here is something i came across ... i hope u can chuckle thru this one!

"if there is no god, there are no atheists"!!

Cheers! :)

Anonymous said...

I will not parry since you want to have the last word:)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

Arch said...

Anonymous : As long as you are not missing out on the beauty of the garden in your search for the fairies, i dont see the problem! :)