Sunday, March 28, 2010

Why we just MIGHT...

...be doing UKG all over again...

Me : Did you sing your nursery rhyme today?

Jun : A little bit

Me : A little bit? What happened?

Jun : I sang 'paanch choti chidiyan khathi thi anaar, one chidiya flew away and then there were four'

Me (definitely going a little pale) : That is supposed to be a hindi rhyme!! Where did all that English come from?????

Jun : I forgot amma!!!

Me : What did your teacher say?

Jun : She said, "do you know one two buckle my shoe"

Me : You sang that properly?

Jun : Yes

I dont quite believe him.

5 comments:

Ganges said...

Wonderful!!!! He should be promoted to second grade.....see, Junjun dear understands Hindi!!! And he can even make up the rest in English!!! And he got his math right!!!! ...now what more does the teacher want??!?!?!

Arch said...

hee hee...wish i cud send her your comment..anonymously!! ;p thank you for the vote of confidence ganga!!

Allen said...

I was thinking the same thing!! Now how many 5 year olds can translate?? ;)

Arch said...

:) u r totally biased!! :)

Wanderlust said...

hello long time :).. let me go now and see what I have missed on your blog !