Thursday, May 21, 2009

The genesis

I am back to using diapers and wipes for arjun and it got me thinking that a big part of the jun story was actually missing since i started this blog only after his non stop big mouth started functioning. So for the record, here it is - The genesis.

We had decided to open it together. So we did.
Then we read and re-read and then read it aloud to each other just in case one of us was hallucinating.

“What the hell did that mean?” We thought

"Mildly Positive"

We had paid good money for a report that told us that I might be having a baby? I am having a little bit of a baby? My neighbor is having a baby? We just didnt get it.

The gynecologist did her own test the next day and said “You young lady, are very definitely going to have a baby. Congratulations!! "

Oh? I thought.

“Thank you” I smiled at the doc.

Walked out in a daze.

There was another living creature inside me?

The only visual I could get was that part in the movie called aliens where you can see the alien move inside the lady’s stomach. I quickly tried to think of more pleasant things as I saw maddy waiting to hear what the result was.

“We are going to have a baby” I said.

Oh? He said.

We both smiled uncertainly at each other, now having one thing undeniably in common.

We were BOTH shit scared.

5 comments:

Ganges said...

lol...that was lovely...captured those moments so well!!!

Zak said...

Hmmm..

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... 'having one thing undeniably in common' was a good one :-)

Gingerbread & Me said...

Cute, funny, heart warming!!!
:)

Arch said...

:)