Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Unholy Shopping Expedition

I am not sure how to write this.
But write, i must...
or i will bust...
sorry... burst.

Jun and i went shopping. His underclothes were beginning to resemble a rare shade of greyish white and it was just time to throw them all out and get the poor guy some decent ones.

So there we were. I was looking through the various options that the shop had for size 55cm and arjun was wandering around the shop when i suddenly heard an 'aai'....i turned back and arjun and the shopkeeper were glaring at each other. I didnt see anything on the ground or anything broken so i told jun not to stand so close to the door and went back to my all exciting job of choosing under wear for my four year old.

About ten seconds later, the guy who was showing me the options started laughing out loud and i heard 'aai aaai' again. I turned to look at the cause of the furore and froze. There was my innocent little four year old, and a mannequin with a brassiere whose straps and cups seemed to have suddenly discovered gravity. ...everything was hanging down the arms and waist and for all intents and purposes the mannequin wasn't wearing anything any longer.

On my left i had one sales guy laughing his guts out and next to him the cashier glaring at arjun. Behind me, were two grinning lady customers who i could have hugged and kissed for just being there and not letting me be the only woman around when this happened.

My brave little one glared right back at everybody and looked at me questioningly.

I dragged him back to the counter and reprimanded him. Apparently i was not very effective. Barely had i turned my back on him when he rushed back to the re-dressed mannequin and put his hand down her cleavage. I was so stunned and must have looked it because arjun took the trouble to explain to me 'this is a pocket i think amma'.

Amma and son who then rushed out of the shop, had to be called back by the cashier to pay for what we had kept aside to be taken. Money and goods hastily exchanged hands.

As we tripped and stumbled out of the shop a second time, i couldnt help but glare at the busty mannequin and found much to my amusement, another little boy raising his hand to touch it.

As i crossed that shop, shouts of 'aai aai' rented the air and i had to double up with laughter and tears.

Arjun still has no clue what the fuss was about :)

8 comments:

Gingerbread & Me said...

Oh My Goodness, I just can't stop laughing!!!
This is priceless...
But, poor poor u!!!

Ganges said...

Gosh, archie....laughed from beginning to end :))))

Anonymous said...

ROFL!! That was hilarious. Can imagine how embarassing that must have been. Reminds me of the time little R, who was 1 year old then, pulled at the straps of the lady standing in front of us (we were in the queue). Kids can be so embarassing!

Z said...

Hilarious! I wont say anything else..I'm not risking offending anyone :)

krithika said...

:)

Arch said...

Rekz, you can say that again!! :)

Ganga, i can actually visualize that! :)

Pal : Hee hee...thank god for mannequins ;)

Zak : Anyone? Like Jun/me or the manequin?? :)

krithika : so glad you are coming back :p

shail said...

OMG... I cannot stop laughing!!

Arch said...

:)